Tuesday 26 August 2014

I've Started a Bucket List

Wonder Blessed are the Curious
for they Shall Have Adventure
Today I created a bucket list (here) for the first time ever. Actually, what I did today was write it down. It’s always existed. I’ve always wanted to experience more of the world in more ways.

Like most todo lists, I expect to add to it more often than I check things off but that’s the human condition. I also need to accept that much of it, quite possibly the majority of it, won’t ever happen. That’s fine. It can’t hurt to make a list. Perhaps I could make it a challenge to do one item a year. I could make one of them the thing I do to mark the next big birthday (40 I believe). Whatever. If nothing else, it’s actually a good a pencil portrait of myself as you could possibly hope for. A lot can be inferred from a bucket list I recon

This bucket list is a little restricted for two reasons. Firstly, it’s limited to Motorcycle related ambitions and secondly, it starts today. If I started adding all the things I’ve done that I wanted to do, that would make for far too long a list. Besides, while there were things I knew I wanted, like getting my licence, there were things I would never have thought to put on a list that happened anyway. No, this is simpler. 

Anyway, many thanks to Fuzzy for inspiring me write up my bucket list. Now, I’d better get on with my ‘Oh Dear, The New School Year is About to Start and That ToDo List is Only Getting Longer’ list. 

1 comment:

  1. It's a good idea to have a bucket list. I have one.... well sort of. it's something I started some time ago and is a list of 100 things to do before I checkout of this world. not just motorcycling, but other things
    Some things are a bit out there like sitting and talking to the Dali Lama. That may sound a bit strange but it just something I would like to do.
    I hope your list expands and you chip 1 off at a time.
    everyone should have one.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you can. Let me know what you think. I crave feedback and human contact.

Thanks.

John